Testing The Limit Of Being Polite

i'm polite to everyone whether i know them or not personally and that's how it has been from the time my parents taught me good manners and i practise politeness. It's habitual and it's automatic. Times and people have changed...Continue to change at an alarming speed but not necessarily in the right direction. i don't have anything against change though being polite to everyone around me is getting difficult.

i dislike being rude but it seems that some people are just not worthy of my politeness. They bring out the worst in me by saying the damnest things!. i'm emotional but also disciplined to have my temper in check, so i don't go around being nasty towards others because i'm having a bad day. i'm still polite. However, i find that being polite to a moron who thinks nothing of saying stupid things, loudly in public is a sheer waste of my time. i will not accord such a person, my good graces. Why be polite to a pathetic person who insists on being a fool?.

Last week, my patience and being polite was sorely tested by an absolute idiot who was telling me what i should say to a person whom i have never met. This piece of so called advice is coming from an imbecile who motivated by selfish reasons and cunning was going on and on about how and what i should be saying. My temper rose but i wore my straight face and swore inwardly, wishing she would just shut up.

How am i to be polite?. A person who refuses to reason but only wants to dictate terms so ridiculous, i wanted to scream at her. My politeness reached the limit of following proper decorum but i let her finish. When she was nowhere near the finishing line and i had arrived at my tolerance point, i told her that she had to excuse me to complete urgent work that had a deadline...As politely as i could!.

Some people really can bring out the worst in us by testing our patience and short of screaming profanities at them, being sharp works as well. i don't feel bad about being rude every once in awhile to morons and i definitely don't apologise for being direct to an unreasonable person. Otherwise, i just go quiet and refuse to respond or react to what the person has done or said. My Pa approves this method the most, though it can be quite an effort for me.

Not exercising good manners is frowned upon but with so many changed attitudes, being polite becomes very subjective. Selective politeness is what i'm practising now and it's a different kind of challenge altogether.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MUSIC

No Thought Given.Thinking Before Talking Is No Longer Practised.

DEATH