Scent & Serenity

What is your favourite smell? what makes you inhale deeply and let out a sigh of pleasure? i have quite a few favourite scents that invoke serenity, provide pleasure and definitely lifts my mood.

i love the smell of dry earth when it rains...i inhale deeply and feel one with Mother Earth. The tiny jasmine buds with their potent perfume transports my mind to all that is erotic and sensual. Sandalwood incense truly makes my senses alive and i cherish every sip of my Earl Grey tea by constantly inhaling the bergamot infused beverage.

My list is quite endless because i believe scents really can and do give immense pleasure and satisfaction to a tired, anxious or even disgruntled soul. It commands attention if that is one seeks. Scents calms and quiets the mind too which is why many use it for meditation and quiet reflection.

i will always remember Al Pacino in the movie, 'Scent of A Woman' especially the dance scene. i have a habit of always taking a whiff of my food as smelling a dish may look offending, my father never fails to remind me. Somehow, my tastebuds take on an even greater appreciation of what i put into my mouth after my nose gets acquainted with the aroma of the dish first.

Some scents can be overpowering though, causing dizziness, nausea and mean headaches. So it is good to stay away and avoid them when and wherever possible. However, i have  through trial and error continue to enjoy scents. It is an indulgence and pampering that i think each one of us should include in our lives.

Time to light my lavender incense for a good night's sleep...to look serene in the morning!.


* Wishing all a fragrant weekend that is both relaxing and reconnecting body,mind and spirit.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MUSIC

No Thought Given.Thinking Before Talking Is No Longer Practised.

DEATH