Books N Bonding

My 14 year old niece and i went out three times last week.Our first outing was on a Monday,to a shopping mall but the reason we went there was because the bookshop where i rent my books is located there and she was specifically looking for Christopher Paolini's "The Inheritance Cycle".She bought book 3 and after reading it was hungry for the other three books.Yup,she is an avid reader like her aunt and i discovered more about my niece during our search for books to rent,buy and read.She didn't find her books but was happy nonetheless with two books by JKR.Overall,it was a good haul for both of us and our lunch time topic centred on our lucky finds!

We did browse other retail outlets afterwards but we were eager to head back and turn the pages of our books and swap stories.

Little India was our next destination on Wednesday.i wanted my hairdresser to give my niece a good haircut and she wanted to look for girly stuff like bracelets and talcum powder from India.i love the colourful sights,exotic scents of spices and incense and chaotic sounds during my walkabouts there.Oh,did i mention that the sweetmeats are exquisite?and for a sweet tooth like me,it is like being in sugar haven!.Imagine my suprise and delight when my niece said this aloud and we both burst out laughing when i told her-Me too!.We had fun and got really lucky with great bargains at the accessories shop.We bought sweets and she looked absolutely pretty with a new haircut.We came home still flushed from giggling and excited with our purchases.

That night she used her PONDS talcum powder and smelled wonderful.i watched amused as she tried on her  blue crystal earrings and necklace and admired herself in the mirror...thanking me for taking her to little india.i was happy just to watch and be apart of such simple pleasures.

My mum wanted some groceries and i had errands to run so i asked my niece if she wanted to accompany me and help carry shopping bags.She agreed sweet naturedly.We started off our Friday walking to a nearby shopping mall.We were actually walking through to get to the other side to pay some bills.Upon entering the mall though,my niece excitedly pointed out to a bookstore's warehouse sale that was being held in the concourse area.Needless to say,we postponed bill paying and went straight to the racks of books.After browsing for about ten minutes,my niece was beside me gushing with excitement and almost in tears...i was perplexed,until she held up Christopher Paolini's book 4.The price was good and as i continued browsing for my selections,she promptly sat on the floor and started reading.We finally paid for our books and left after an hour.We did buy the groceries,paid bills and managed to buy some  pretty 'girl' stuff before rushing home.

My niece and i were beside ourselves with excitement.The books we had in our collection gave us such joy and we were just starting to turn the pages...the bonding between us? priceless.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MUSIC

No Thought Given.Thinking Before Talking Is No Longer Practised.

DEATH