The Sky Blushes

i discovered the joys of walking in late 2002 when i went through a very difficult period in my life. Walking and talking to God was therapeutic.There were days when my mind just protested waking up at 6.45am but i pushed myself and glad for it.

The early morning walks were invigorating...my quiet time to ponder about life,to dream and to talk to God.My senses too were heightened and i appreciated the beautiful colours of dawn breaking,the melodious singing of birds,the rustle of leaves when the wind is strong.Feeling the breeze in my face really rejuvenated my spirit.

i healed body,mind and soul and it was during one of my walks that i stood spellbound by the beauty before me.My emotions stirred and my eyes misted.This is what i wrote down when i got home:-

THE SKY BLUSHES

A shy tinge of pink...
Dusky splashes of vermillion
across a canvas of grey and blue

Masterful strokes even Michaelangelo would envy
Magical stirrings within the being bursts forth
into awe and wonder

The sky blushes...can it be?
or
GOD's first painting of the day?
Colours of the sky
creates palettes of emotion

Blessed are those
witnessing this magnificient artistry
acknowledging GOD's greatness
and
the humble soul that we are.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MUSIC

No Thought Given.Thinking Before Talking Is No Longer Practised.

DEATH