Lunar New Year Lipstick

i have been searching for the perfect red lipstick and what better time than the approaching Lunar New Year to shop for that perfect shade of RED!

Have you ever wondered about the names given to lipsticks?.Oh and now there are lipgloss and lipstains,lip balms that also have very convincing names.i read religiously on which pigment shade that best suit my complexion yet even in my second decade of buying and using lipsticks,i always get the wrong colour...sigh.My sister is the benefactor of many tubes,sticks and pots of reds,plums,browns and pinks because of this.

i get swayed by the multitude of pretty colours and the equally persuasive names.How can you resist Tantalising Toffee or Lucious Pink?.Daring Red and Fun Tangerine?.Then you need to make up your mind if it is going to be matte,shine or glossy.There are like twenty or more shades of red and other favoured colours and most times i just walk away because i just cannot make up my mind and also fear buying an unsuitable shade....My sister has warned me that she is not going to accept anymore lipsticks from me.Usually, i ask her to choose the shade for me but alas the last choice made my lips stand out in too bright a pink that attracted not too good comments.Now i have to apply a Violet gloss or my Chocolate Brown lipstick over it to tone down the brightness of my 'Charming Pomegranate'.

i must get my red lipstick no matter what so i walked into a Watson's store and bought not one but two lipsticks.Yes,i felt very brave and giddy with girlish excitement and my red lipstick is called 'Alarm' and the plum colour is "Cutting Edge".i love both the colours and the names.i am going to be bold and be an attractive alarm that will scream; 'Watch out! here comes a sensual siren'.On another day i can go all 'cutting edge sexy' and cause gaping jaws!?...hmm,that sounds like a sensational way to usher in the snake year i think.

Wishing all a prosperous, plentiful and pow-wow Lunar New Year!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MUSIC

No Thought Given.Thinking Before Talking Is No Longer Practised.

DEATH