Recipes,Recipes & More Recipes

My love affair with collecting recipes began in my teens.i bought a hardcover notebook and wrote down recipes, all neatly sectioned into poultry,fish & seafood,cookies & cakes and drinks & desserts.

In my twenties, the recipe collection grew to include healthy food like soups,salads & sandwiches. My thirties saw me adventurously buying cookbooks featuring cajun marinades,mediterranean dressing and exotic ingredients like tahini,escargot and gooseberries.

i'm no gourmet chef but i love to cook and collecting recipes is a compulsive,impulsive nature of mine which i am trying real hard to curb.i have amassed two probably three truckloads of recipes over the years.i have tried only about two dozen of the recipes from my collection.
i was sifting through my recipes two days ago and discarded almost three quarter of them. It was hard but something long overdue. Why?

Well, my tastebuds have changed and my zeal for cutting out recipes from magazines and newspapers have waned...just a tiny bit.

i had collected and kept recipes with outrageous names and hard to find ingredients! and i'm not going to be stirring Tomato Jam on a low fire for hours just to impress friends.Who was i kidding?.Was i deranged to collect recipes that required 30 ingredients and 3 hours of cooking?. Good God!...it must have been the colourful pictures that had me salivating and convinced me that i too could produce the same in my kitchen.

In my fourth decade now, i want dishes with the least ingredients and even lesser cooking time.Exotic does not appeal anymore, easy and expeditious do.My recipe collecting habit is not going to stop so soon though.i may want to try out a special dish from a faraway land for a celebration. Oh! and i must remember to get my grandaunt's Quail's Eggs Curry and my neighbour's Lemongrass Fried Chicken recipes.

i have cleared some space and who can resist the allure of those colourful mouth watering recipes!.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MUSIC

No Thought Given.Thinking Before Talking Is No Longer Practised.

DEATH