Distracting The Mind To keep Calm

The tight knot at the base of my skull throbbed painfully and my neck and shoulders ached with tension. This was days before an important meeting with my boss. Sometimes such symptoms also appear before a visit to the dentist or a doctor's appoinment. Daily life is already stressful with multitasking and playing multiple roles,so an added deadline creates unwanted pressure.

i have found that distracting my mind to other more creative and fun activities help me to keep calm. The anticipation of a shopping spree for instance takes my mind off a dreaded deadline for awhile. The throbbing eases and the pain in my neck and shoulders recede.

Afterall, only when one is calm that performance is at its peak and successful results are achieved. i always recall my mentor's words; 'Don't let your mind be the master. It is you who should be master of your mind'.

It is so easy to let stress get the better of us but it should not be that way. We must distract the mind to more fulfilling and happy pursuits. It sure isn't worth letting stress and tension give us pain and health problems,no?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MUSIC

No Thought Given.Thinking Before Talking Is No Longer Practised.

DEATH