My Skin Pigment

i'm brown
What shade of brown?
i do not know
But i've been called dark
all my life...

i used to hate it
in my younger days
i got teased
i encountered cruel remarks
i was embarrassed by my skin tone

i took my time...
to wear bright colours
pushing away pastels
i embraced my beautiful appearance

i'm comfortable in my skin...now
i love my brown
with all its black moles and warts
i'm unique, i'm only one
There is none like me

People can stare or say
speak in whispers
i no longer care
i take no notice of careless words

Underneath...i'm special
A beautiful soul like you
and everyone else
The colour of our blood...same

i wish every person
can see beyond...skin pigment
It's just the surface
not what lies within

Shiny black
Snow white
Shades of any other
Does it matter?
Definitely not!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MUSIC

No Thought Given.Thinking Before Talking Is No Longer Practised.

DEATH