Breaking Away From Routine

The best portion of any holiday must surely be not following a set of routine. i didn't realise how regimented i had become until my nephew pointed out to me that it was okay if i wanted to nap at 6.30 in the evening. Both he and his sister reminded me that i was on holiday, so it was no problem at all to break some if not all rules set by my own disciplined mind.

It felt good not to adhere to the usual routine and i know that like me, many follow routine strictly out of habit. There is an inner mechanism that constantly reminds about completing each routine in the precise time. Failure to do so would somehow disrupt the equilibrium of the person and everything would be in disarray.

Routine is essential to establish order that accounts for the smooth operation of a person's daily life yet there ought to be a healthy balance with recreation and relaxation. Taking out the rigidity from routine is crucial so as to prevent boredom and pent up frustrations.

i'm glad i let my niece and nephew convince me to 'dump' my one too many routine and do as i pleased. i had a cream cheese filled doughnut for breakfast instead of my usual slices of wholegrain bread. After so many,many years i got up at 11.00 am from my usual 8.00 am. How was it?. Simply liberating and fun!. Now i know that breaking away from routine is easy and not life threatening. In fact in small daily doses, it perks you up. You feel good and the mood around you changes too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MUSIC

No Thought Given.Thinking Before Talking Is No Longer Practised.

DEATH