Seeing Things & Looking At Life With New Eyes

Do we see things and view life differently when we are older or our perspectives change with the times through necessity?.i visited my place of birth after twenty one years and the changes in the small town i was born in looked so alien to me...i was bewildered,sad,even angry that i could not recognise anything. Too much modernity had creeped up and taken hold of the little town that has practically lost all of its charms.

i was looking forward to the trip so much that i had sleepless nights prior to my travel but after visiting,i could not sleep for a few days.i knew there would be changes yet i didn't expect my emotions to take such a hold on me.My dear friend of twenty seven years who also comes from the same town was my tour guide as she frequently goes back there.

We had a giggling good time visiting our old school and where our friendship began its beautiful journey.i got really excited to see my kindergarten class,the assembly area in the secondary school section where i had received an award and who could ever forget their school canteen!.There were new murals on the walls,better tables and chairs in the classrooms but the spirit of the old could be felt just a little and for that i was glad.

i couldn't recognise many roads and bends but deep inside i was happy i made this road trip.Visiting my old childhood home and my first school almost brought tears to my eyes but my heart was filled with a gladness that i cannot describe.

i suppose as we grow old, we do see things differently and life certainly alters the way we view almost everything and it isn't a bad thing...as humans we just evolve.We make memories which we can revisit anytime and the choice is ours.i am totally indebted to my beautiful friend Suzie who patiently drove me around and most importantly the time we spent together was priceless and we made new memories to visit in the future.

The food we ate, the friends we saw and spoke to, the places we went to are all etched in my memory with fondness. The place where i was born may have changed drastically but there are people,food and little familiar nooks that remain the same.i just had to 'see with my heart' and not with my eyes. It made all the difference. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MUSIC

No Thought Given.Thinking Before Talking Is No Longer Practised.

DEATH